Care Food Co Lamb Shank Casserole 120g is a high quality fresh chilled food produced by chefs to help people requiring a texture modified diet, eat better and feel better.
The dignity of people requiring a texture modified diet and support for their carers has been at the forefront of product design. Helping carers, have the confidence that they are providing safe, consistent and flavoursome food. Ensuring people requiring a texture modified diet have access to great looking and tasting food, as they should.
This product is suitable for those with a dysphagia diagnosis of IDDSI 4
Products in the Care Food Co range have been rigorously tested and validated by a accredited Practising Dietitian to ensure compliance to IDDSI standards.
Plating and Shaping Tips
When plating up Care Food Co products, there are a number of easy ways to food style.
For the smear look that you would often find in a five star restaurant, simply find a spatula in your kitchen, squeeze a dollop of food onto the plate, lightly wand the spatula over the food to create a smooth look.
For a rounded ball, take a portion in your hands (good idea to wear disposable gloves) shape into a ball and present on the plate. The Main Dishes are particularly good for this presentation idea.
For shapes and flourishes, grab a cake piping tip, afix to the pouch nozzle then gently squeeze the pouch bottom to create the shapes available from the cake piping tip.
Cooking and Storage Instructions
Boiling water method (Preferred Method)
- Fill a mid-size pot with water and bring to the boil.
- Place sealed pouch into the boiling water.
- Allow the sealed pouch to float in the boiling water for (veg and fruit 3-4 min) (proteins 5-6 min).
- Remove from boiling water using tongs.
- Be careful when handling hot pouches as they will be the same temperature as the boiling water. (please note that several ingredient pouches can be heated at the same time).
- Before use wrap pouch in a dry kitchen cloth so as to make it easier to handle hot.
- Once pouch is wrapped and easy to handle break seal and unscrew lid.
- Squeeze heated items content onto plate.
- Season to taste.
- Unscrew lid from pouch.
- Pipe content onto plate by squeezing pouch.
- Content can be squeezed into either mounds or shapes.
- Once desired amount has been added to plate replace lid on pouch.
- Add other care food ingredients to plate if desired to make a full meal.
- Cover with either a microwave safe plastic cover or plastic wrap over plate.
- Place in microwave and close door.
- Heat covered plate for 30-40 seconds (depending on the type and power of the microwave).
- Remove from microwave and take of cover or wrap.
- Check temperature to ensure all items are heated. (If not recover and heat for additional 10 seconds.)
- Season to taste.
Keep refrigerated at all times when not in use.
Discard three days after opening.