Q) Is your texture modified & pureed food fresh?
A) Absolutely, all our texture modified & pureed food is fresh and is delivered to you chilled. The food requires storage in your refrigerator.
Q) What is the shelf life of your texture modified & pureed food products?
A) All of our food will arrive delivered to you with at least a 10 day shelf life.
Q) Can you freeze your pureed food?
A) Yes, you can freeze our texture modified foods.
Q) Do you use additives in your food?
A) We don't use additives, fortifiers or thickeners of any kind in our pureed food. Our food is as close to as nature intended. For example, our carrot is literally 100% carrot, nothing else is included with it at all. You just can't get better than that!
Q) Do you use thickeners in your food?
A) We don't use any thickeners.
Q) Where can I see the nutritional value of your pureed food?
A) You can view the nutritional information panel for all our food on the product pages. Go to the individual products in our shopping cart and the roll over the Nutritional Information panel image.
Q) Where do you deliver to?
A) Currently we are delivering throughout NSW, ACT, Victoria and parts of Queensland. If you live outside of this area drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q) When do you deliver?
A) We deliver on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Orders for delivery Wednesday must be received by midday the Friday prior. Orders for delivery Saturday must be received by midday the Wednesday prior.
Q) What is IDDSI?
A) IDDSI is the International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative. It is a framework for the provision of Texture Modified Foods. It is particularly focussed at Dysphagia.
Q) Is your food suitable for post operative weightloss (bariatric surgery) diets?
A) Yes, our food is perfect for bariatric surgery recovery. Please discuss the correct portions required with your dietitian first.
Q) If I don't have dysphagia diagnosis how do I know what to eat?
A) Simply put, if you require a soft food diet due to surgery or some other cause please discuss your requirement with your health practitioner. They will be able to translate your requirement into the IDDSI framework. If you require a
- Liquidised Diet
- Pureed Diet
- Minced and Moist Diet
- Soft and Bite sized diet
we cover them all. Each of our products are labelled with the appropriate levels.
Q) What is dysphagia?
A) People with dysphagia have difficulty swallowing and may even experience pain while swallowing (odynophagia). Some people may be completely unable to swallow or may have trouble safely swallowing liquids, foods, or saliva. When that happens, eating becomes a challenge. Often, dysphagia makes it difficult to take in enough calories and fluids to nourish the body and can lead to additional serious medical problems. Click here for a more detailed explanation.
Q) What is achalasia?
A) Achalasia is a rare disorder that makes it difficult for food and liquid to pass from the swallowing tube connecting your mouth and stomach (esophagus) into your stomach. Achalasia occurs when nerves in the esophagus become damaged.
Q) What are the heating instructions?
A) Please see heating instructions below:
Boiling water method (preferred method)
- Fill a mid-size pot with water and bring to the boil.
- Place sealed pouch into the boiling water.
- Allow the sealed pouch to float in the boiling water for (veg and fruit 3-4 min) (proteins 5-6 min).
- Remove from boiling water using tongs.
- Be careful when handling hot pouches as they will be the same temperature as the boiling water. (please note that several ingredient pouches can be heated at the same time).
- Before use wrap pouch in a dry kitchen cloth so as to make it easier to handle hot.
- Once pouch is wrapped and easy to handle break seal and unscrew lid.
- Squeeze heated items content onto plate.
- Season to taste.
- Unscrew lid from pouch.
- Pipe content onto plate by squeezing pouch.
- Content can be squeezed into either mounds or shapes.
- Once desired amount has been added to plate replace lid on pouch.
- Add other care food ingredients to plate if desired to make a full meal.
- Cover with either a microwave safe plastic cover or plastic wrap over plate.
- Place in microwave and close door.
- Heat covered plate for 30-40 seconds (depending on the type and power of the microwave).
- Remove from microwave and take off cover or wrap.
- Check temperature to ensure all items are heated. (If not recover and heat for additional 10 seconds.)
- Season to taste.
Q) What is Your Order Fulfilment Process?A) Please see Order Fulfilment Process below:
- If you have provided us with your correct mobile phone number (and have not opted out), you will receive a text message prompt to order before our order cut off times. Note: order cut off times are midday Wednesday for Saturday delivery and midday Friday for Wednesday delivery.
- Once you have placed your order, you will receive a confirmation email from Care Food Co. to the email address provided on your order. Note: please make sure that the email address you enter is correct.
- On the night prior to your delivery, you will receive a text message with tracking details by Be Cool Couriers. This personalised message will read "Your Care Food Co. order will be with you shortly, please see tracking details.” Note: this text message will be sent to the mobile phone number you provided on your order.
- On the night prior to your delivery, you will also receive an email from Care Food Co. confirming your order fulfilment. Note: this email will be sent to the email address you provided when you made your order.
- On day of delivery, if you have included instructions (which must be less than 30 characters) the Be Cool Couriers delivery driver will action them.
- At time of your order delivery, you will receive a text message advising that your delivery has been finalised by Be Cool Couriers.
If you have any questions about this process please call 1300 251 890.
It is really important that the correct mobile phone number and email address are included on EVERY order. Please double check these details when you order.